When speaking with local business owners in the Dallas / Fort Worth area, the question that comes up the most is; “what is better, organic search or PPC?” While each method of traffic generation has its advantages, using both techniques collaboratively can really separate your business from competitors. To discuss SEO organic search vs PPC, call us at 800.231.4871. Some of the main differences between organic search and PPC include:
- Cost: PPC is paid, while SEO is free
- Scope: PPC targets demographics, while SEO broadens its reach
- Speed: PPC works fast, while SEO takes time to implement
- Sustainability: PPC is temporary, while SEO is permanent
Companies are often drawn to the immediacy of PPC campaigns. While there is nothing wrong with using PPC to generate traffic quickly, this method cannot replace organic SEO. It is important to maintain organic search optimization so that your company can have a sustainable online presence well into the future.
Using Organic Search with PPC
Think of organic search as your home’s foundation, and PPC, as premium features, attractive on the surface, but empty without a foundation to rest on. If you would like to further discuss SEO organic search vs PPC, give us a call at 800.231.4871. Some of the advantages of a collaborative SEO/PPC strategy include:
- Company Branding: Getting your brand name out there through both SEO and PPC, gives your brand a more extensive market reach
- Diversification: In any business strategy, diversifying your assets is an intelligent choice, and it is no different in the case of marketing resources
- More SERP “Real Estate”: By showing up in both paid ads, and organic results, your presence on Google SERPs, increases exponentially
- Multiple Traffic Sources: Generate traffic from both paid ads, as well as organic search results, and using Google SEO Tools, measure the amount received from each
SEO and PPC should not compete against one another. Organic search will always be the foundation of your online presence, as it is not something that goes away over time. PPC campaigns are temporary, and they can be used to enhance your organic search optimization, rather than compete with it.
PPC Measurement Data
One of the most underrated aspects of PPC campaigns is the measurable data that comes as a result of it. While organic search optimization is also measurable, particularly with the amount of Google SEO Tools avaliable, PPC campaigns provide incredibly specific measurements. Google provides a plethora of metrics for each AdWords campaign that you launch. Among the most intriguing measurements are:
- Click Through Rate (CTR): Total clicks / impressions, measures the effectiveness of ads
- Conversion Rate: The number of users who completed the call to action
- Impressions: The number of times your ad was visible to users
- Quality Score: An extensive calculation of your ads relevance, and user engagement
DFW SEO provides local businesses with SEO services, as well as PPC campaign management. We use both methods collaboratively, to put your company in the best position for online success. We believe the sustainability of organic SEO is the foundation for internet marketing, but we also understand the inherent value and expedience of PPC campaigns. Call 800.231.4871 to discuss SEO organic search vs PPC, in Dallas / Fort Worth.