A content management system or CMS is a software application that organizes digital content for your website. Almost all modern sites use a CMS because of the plethora of inexpensive and effective options available. Some of those options include:
Each software application presents its own strengths and weaknesses. Depending on the niche of your Dallas business, the value of the respective applications may vary. With that said, WordPress is a viable option for any industry and is considered by many to be the most effective of all the options. Call 800.231.4871 to discuss content management systems for your DFW business website.
CMS Features for Websites
Content management systems can do a number of exciting things for websites. While the specific features may vary depending on the application, CMS’s generally share certain universal qualities. Some of these include:
- Formatting: The composition and arrangement of both your text and graphical content
- Indexing: The URL and content indexing of your pages and posts
- Publishing: The distribution of content once it’s ready for public consumption
- Revising: The alteration of content to correct or improve previous publications
CMS’s impact every aspect of your content development. From the way your pages are indexed to the presentation of your blog posts for user consumption. Another reason WordPress is considered the elite CMS is because of its mobile adaptability. Web managers can access the dashboard via mobile device, and actually make content changes right from their smart phone.
CMS and SEO
As a business owner, the primary objective of your content application, is to enhance search engine optimization. That’s why choosing an SEO-friendly CMS is imperative to the marketability of your website. Some of the CMS features that influence SEO include:
- 3rd Party Compatibility: Plugin support allows for additional SEO tool integration
- Responsive Design Support: The capability of being used with responsive design for mobile friendly websites
- URL Structure: Customizable hierarchy and character length for URLs
WordPress once again distinguishes itself as the premium CMS for local business websites. It’s high SEO potential is apparent through its flexibility regarding URL structure and its open source development. Our web designers at DFW SEO have experience creating custom WordPress sites for local companies. Call 800.231.4871 to discuss how this content management system can best market your services.