When people think about search engine optimization (SEO), they generally picture a task that can be implemented to pre-designed websites and gradually applied moving forward. While it’s true that SEO is an ongoing process that should be monitored and improved as Google search algorithms evolve, one of the most important aspects of SEO should happen before your website is even launched. SEO web design is the application of search optimization tactics within the structure of your website. For web design services in Dallas / Fort Worth, give us a call at 800.231.4871. Here are some things that go into a well-optimized web design:
The process of SEO starts at the infant stages of your website. The fundamental aspects set the foundation for what follows. Search engines crawl and monitor every component, so you should be mindful of the basic setup. Some of the fundamental website components are:
- Content Management System: The software of your website: WordPress is a great CMS option for local businesses
- Domain Name: The .com, .net, .org address of your website: choosing the correct domain name helps brand your company online
- Hosting Account: Services like GoDaddy and HostGator provide the hosting for your website: Google monitors site speed, making the server in which your website is hosted on very important
Web design is an extremely detailed operation. Setting the foundation for success starts with the fundamentals. At DFW SEO, we pride ourselves in designing websites for local businesses that contain high SEO potential and are continually monitored and improved as search optimization evolves.
Optimizing your website for desktop only is no longer the recipe for SEO success. In the modern era of internet marketing, your website must display well throughout all devices, including mobile and tablet. The best way to accomplish that is through responsive design. If you are a business owner interested in SEO web design in D/FW, call us now at 800.231.4871. Some advantages of responsive web design include:
- Management Simplicity: When you need to update your website, the changes will appear consistently throughout devices
- Mobile Friendly: The surge in mobile device usage for searches continues to ascend, making a mobile friendly website a requirement for businesses
- URL Consistency: Responsive design allows your URL to remain consistent across all devices
- User-Friendly: Whether using desktop, mobile or tablet, users should be able to enjoy your website’s design on the device of their choice
Today, responsive design is the consensus choice for web designers who wish to rank websites on Google search results. By making your website accessible on all devices, you are creating the best user experience. Google prioritizes websites with user friendliness, making responsive design a great fit for businesses in Dallas, TX.
Once your domain name is registered, and you have chosen a hosting service, the true essentials of SEO begin. Web designers should structure websites as a hierarchy. The structure should consist of; Home Page – Parent Page – Silo Page, with each category and subcategory optimized for search engine results. Some components of a sound site structure include:
- Header Tags: H1s should contain keywords, with H2s and H3s displaying secondary keywords
- Link Building: Your website should contain internal links that follow a logical order, to and from other pages
- Meta Tags: Your meta description tag is the words that appear underneath your Google search result link
- Navigation: Your website should contain user-friendly navigation to and from each page
- Title Tags: Your page titles should be keyword driven, and follow the order or your hierarchy
- URLs: Your URLs should be structured like a hierarchy as well, like DomainName/ParentPage/ChildPage
Proper site structure is imperative to the SEO of your website. Having an aesthetically pleasing design doesn’t mean much if you can’t generate traffic towards it. The true origin of your website’s success rests on its foundational components like site structure. As Google crawls your website for indexing, it will want to see the elements mentioned above. At DFW SEO, we design websites to rank well in Google search results.
Web Design for Internet Marketing
How does web design affect internet marketing? In several ways. In fact, web design is the foundation of your internet marketing campaign. To attract customers and build a reputation, web design is not simply about how your website looks to the untrained eye, but to how it looks to Google crawl bots and other search engine measurements. For SEO web design in DFW, call us at 800.231.4871. Consider these factors before designing a website:
- Appearance: While it should not come at the expense of SEO, having a visually attractive website certainly helps your business market to internet users
- Branding: Your web design should account for branding by strategically placing your logo as well as your NAP in appropriate places
- Navigation: Your website should be comfortably navigated on every device, allowing your content to be accessed with ease
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): The design of your website must implement SEO practices within the structure itself
These elements of web design help market your website in the most efficient way possible. The goal of every marketing practice is to create sales conversions, and proper web design assists you in doing that. When you consider the end result of a well-designed website, it becomes clear that it is not a luxury but a necessity.
How Does Google Interpret Web Design?
Google prioritizes websites that create an optimal user experience. They determine the usability of your website through a process known as “crawling”. When crawling your website, Google will look for indications of a user-friendly website that they can index and display to their search engine users. Google crawl bots look for the following components:
- Internal Links: Google wants to see that your internal links lead to pages that actually enhance the user experience
- Quality Content: Keyword stuffing will not impress Google, but well-written content with logical keyword placement will
- Robots.txt: A file on your website that directs Google bots to the most relevant information on your website, and directs it away from irrelevant pages
- Sitemaps: Google wants to see clean sitemaps that can properly display the essential components of your website, a sitemap plugin like Google XML Sitemaps can help you get started
We understand that many business owners don’t have the time or resources to properly design a website for search optimization. At DFW SEO, we design websites to rank well on Google search results and lead to sales conversions and business growth. Our expert team of web designers implements the most optimal marketing strategy for local businesses. For SEO web design services in Dallas / Fort Worth, give us a call at 800.231.4871