Dallas/Fort Worth SEO offers DFW web design services to businesses throughout the Metroplex. When people think of search engine optimization (SEO), they generally picture on-page optimization techniques like keyword placement. While SEO is, in fact, an ongoing process that should be monitored and improved as Google search algorithms evolve, one of the most important aspects of SEO takes place before your website is even launched. Our web design team is the best in the industry and look forward to walking you through the process, which includes:
SEO begins at the onset of your website. Design sets the foundation for everything that will follow it. Search engines crawl and index every page on your site, so an initial setup is critical in establishing a page structure and URL hierarchy. Some of the most fundamental website components include:
- Content Management System: The software of your website: WordPress is a great CMS option for local businesses
- Domain Name: The .com, .net, .org address of your website: choosing the correct domain name helps brand your company online
- Hosting Account: Services like GoDaddy and HostGator provide the hosting for your website: Google monitors site speed, making the server in which your website is hosted on very important
Web design requires detail and precision. Setting a strong foundation starts with the fundamentals. Amateur web designers are apt to make mistakes that your website can ill-afford to withstand. While you may not notice the consequences immediately, rest assured that they will manifest at some point. For an experienced web design team you can trust, choose Dallas / Fort Worth SEO.
Most users will access your website from a mobile device. With that in mind, web design should focus on mobile-first displays, rather than the more traditional desktop outline. Luckily there’s an ideal solution that allows for a mobile-first design that also presents well on desktop — responsive design. Advantages of responsive design include:
- Management Simplicity: When you need to update your website, the changes will appear consistently throughout devices
- Mobile Friendly: The surge in mobile device usage for searches continues to ascend, making a mobile friendly website a requirement for businesses
- URL Consistency: Responsive design allows your URL to remain consistent across all devices
- User-Friendly: Whether using desktop, mobile or tablet, users should be able to enjoy your website’s design on the device of their choice
Responsive web design is the consensus choice for web designers across the world, and DFW SEO concurs. Because of Google’s endorsement of responsive design, even more websites are starting to utilize the methodology. RWD fits in perfectly with Google’s initiative to enhance user experience across the board.
Once your domain is registered and your hosting service is chosen, the SEO process comes to the forefront. Each website needs a hierarchy. The structure should consist of; Home Page – Parent Page – Silo Page, with each category and subcategory optimized for search engine results. Components of site structure to consider include:
- Header Tags: H1s should contain keywords, with H2s and H3s displaying secondary keywords
- Link Building: Your website should contain internal links that follow a logical order, to and from other pages
- Meta Tags: Your meta description tag is the words that appear underneath your Google search result link
- Navigation: Your website should contain user-friendly navigation to and from each page
- Title Tags: Your page titles should be keyword driven, and follow the order or your hierarchy
- URLs: Your URLs should be structured like a hierarchy as well, like DomainName/ParentPage/ChildPage
Having an aesthetically pleasing design should be secondary to a sound site structure. Because if not, the visual aspect of your website will be inconsequential. When Google crawls and indexes web pages, they are not searching for which site has the best design, but they are searching for a cognitively sound site structure and URL hierarchy.
Web Design for Internet Marketing
Whether you realize it or not, website design is a fundamental component to internet marketing success. Good design attracts customers and builds a reputation. There’s also a misconception about what design actually entails. It’s more than just how your website looks to users, but also how conducive it is to Google web crawlers. Consider the following:
- Appearance: While it should not come at the expense of SEO, having a visually attractive website certainly helps your business market to internet users
- Branding: Your web design should account for branding by strategically placing your logo as well as your NAP in appropriate places
- Navigation: Your website should be comfortably navigated on every device, allowing your content to be accessed with ease
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO): The design of your website must implement SEO practices within the structure itself
Design should market your services in the most efficient manner possible. With sales conversions as the ultimate goal, web design should be performed to engage consumers and encourage them to perform a call-to-action. When you compare and contrast the designs of successful websites and their less successful counterparts, you’ll find that one is easier to navigate and provides a better overall experience.
How Does Google Interpret Web Design?
We know that Google prioritizes websites that provide a positive user experience. The process Google goes through to interpret website information is known as crawling. While crawling your website, Google looks for user-friendly indicators so that they can index it and market it to their users. More specifically, web crawlers look for the following:
- Internal Links: Google wants to see that your internal links lead to pages that actually enhance the user experience
- Quality Content: Keyword stuffing will not impress Google, but well-written content with logical keyword placement will
- Robots.txt: A file on your website that directs Google bots to the most relevant information on your website, and directs it away from irrelevant pages
- Sitemaps: Google wants to see clean sitemaps that can properly display the essential components of your website, a sitemap plugin like Google XML Sitemaps can help you get started
Companies in DFW don’t always have the time or resources to design a website themselves. The design team at Dallas – Fort Worth SEO is happy to provide the solution. We offer website design services to business throughout Dallas – Fort Worth and surrounding areas. Our design team works closely with our SEO experts to create the ultimate internet marketing solution for your needs. Call 800.231.4871 for DFW web design services.