Past performance instructs future actions. This concept can be appropriately applied to social media data analysis. To take full advantage of your social networking presence, you must track and analyze the performance of your profiles on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube. Measurement is about more than just likes and shares. Analyzing social network performance requires a comprehensive understanding of social signals and their function towards SEO. Consider these components of social media data analysis:
- Click Through Rate: The rate at which users click on social content in relation to how many times it is presented
- Conversion Funneling: What role individual social platforms play in your conversion funnel
- Content Engagement: How users react behaviorally to your social content
- Platform Testing: The study of platforms and content mediums and how they compare to one another
Social media is not what it used to be. Like everything else on the internet, it is constantly evolving. Just recently, Facebook announced an algorithm change aimed at bringing people closer together. This is a nice way of saying, branded Facebook content is dead. The good news is that you can still utilize social media advertising for Facebook, and still reach consumers organically on other platforms. Call 800.231.4871 for social media data analysis services from DFW SEO.
Applying Analyzed Social Media Data
Social media trends manifest themselves through consistent tracking and measurement. A study suggests that tweets with images receive 18% more clicks than tweets without them. This can be a useful statistic for businesses but only if they know how to properly apply it. Applying data through tested methodologies can separate your local business from competitors in DFW. Examples of data application include:
- Content Presentation: Much like the example above, data indicating a particular style of content receiving more engagement calls for an increase in that content style
- Keyword Optimization: Much like with keyword research for websites, social keyword data should cause marketers to adjust content for keyword placement
- Resource Allocation: Statistics revealing increased content engagement on a certain platform (i.e. Facebook) should lead to adjustment in resource allocation, with more going towards Facebook
- Time Management: Data which indicates increased engagement at a specific time of day (i.e. 5:30 PM) should instruct social managers to strategically share content at this time
Proper application of data will directly influence your bottom line, which is what companies most care about — as they should. When you can trace the correlation from data to sales conversions, you can begin to grasp the importance of data analysis in general. Dallas – Fort Worth SEO is an internet marketing company that helps market the services of businesses throughout the Metroplex. Our skilled design and content teams collaborate to create the ultimate marketing campaign.
Social Media Analysis Tools
We detailed the platforms that all businesses should be present on (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube) but we’ve yet to mention these platforms’ facilitation of tracking and analysis. It’s quite an advantage that each of these platforms offers a native analytics tools for companies to track and measure their profile’s performance, and how users engage with their published content. These tools provide the data necessary to make informed decisions that can improve your ROI.
Moz cites social signals in their 2017 Local Search Ranking Factors study which confirms the long held belief that social network activity can contribute to local SEO. This is particularly true of active and well optimized profiles. Accurate NAP information should be second nature by now. Uploading high quality images is always recommended, and don’t forget to add website links so that users who visit your social profile can funnel to your website. Call 800.231.4871 for social media data analysis.