What Is Social Media Management?
Social media management is a term used to describe the coordination of various social networking accounts to maintain regular activity and consistent promotion. Regardless of which industry you are in, local businesses can be sure of one thing: customers are on the internet. Whether it’s Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, Linkedin, or Reddit, your customers are somewhere online discussing aspects of your industry. By integrating yourself into the modern communication landscape, you make your potential to convert customers exponentially higher. If you are a company in Dallas / Fort Worth interested in SEO social media management, call us now at 800.231.4871. Here are some of the advantages of a strong social media presence:
Social media accounts can help build your authority when properly managed. The more places where you can present a professional appearance of your business, the more trust you will earn, not only from customers but from search engines like Google. Some of the ways your authority improves via social media are:
- Brand Recognition: By presenting a well-written profile and business logo on each social media network, you are branding your company for people to remember
- Citation Sources: Similarly to online directories like Yelp and BBB, social media networks also serve as a citation source for your business
- Link Building: Social media account profiles, and posts within them, can help build quality links to your website and other marketing channels
Establishing yourself on social media networks gives a level of credibility to your business. Remember, each of your accounts is a representation of your company, so any unprofessional activity or lack of optimal presentation can hurt your online reputation.
The days of having to call up the Better Business Bureau to file a complaint are gone. With today’s interactive web, customers will complain about businesses wherever and whenever they want. Because of this, it is important for businesses to be vigilant in their interaction methods. Some of the advantages of social media interaction include:
- Customer Support: Your customers are spread out through various social media networks and they are going to want support and interaction on the platform of their choice
- Promotional Channels: Social media networks are a great place to run promotional campaigns with discounts, coupons, and giveaways
- Reputation Management: Review sites like Yelp aren’t the only places people like to complain, you can protect your company’s reputation by responding professionally to any negative publicity
Meeting customers at their preferred source ingratiates your business with the community. As social media continues to establish itself as the preferred method of interaction, businesses who recognize and act on the trend will separate themselves from competitors. If you are a DFW business owner looking for social media management, call us at 800.231.4871
Extended Market Reach
Yes, organic search engine optimization (SEO) is the best method of internet marketing available. Still, why not attempt to extend your market reach even further? Instead of traffic coming to you (which can happen with SEO social media benefits), you can go to the traffic. Some of the ways in which your market reach can be extended are:
- Industry Networking: Build relationships inside and outside of your business industry, which can only help your market reach
- Niche Markets: Reach untapped sources of potential customers that may not have otherwise found you through traditional marketing methods
- Social Sharing: Reposts, retweets, shares, etc., there are so many ways for your content to be curated via social media networks, and it can spread like wildfire
Making your presence known on every corner of the internet helps you establish yourself as an authority in your industry. Think of the internet like a map. If your business has headquarters in every region, your ability to generate customer leads will grow exponentially.
Is Social Media Important to Internet Marketing?
The internet is now an interactive space. To optimally market your business online, social media is a requirement. With the modern distribution of information, your customers want to be able to reach you from any source. If that source is Twitter, Facebook, or LinkedIn, you have to be prepared to communicate. Because if you don’t, a competitor will. For social media management in D/FW, give us a call at 800.231.4871. Consider the following mediums through which to market your business via social media:
- Blog Posts: Link posts from your internal blog as a way to generate additional traffic to your website
- Content Curation: By sharing relevant content with your social media connections, you can keep fresh activity flowing through your social media profiles, without having to do much yourself
- Promotions/Giveaways: Run promotions on social media as a way to quickly reach a mass audience and inspire customer interaction
The bottom line is that social media is essential to internet marketing. It is not possible to be considered an authority in your industry without some sort of social media presence. In addition, the more mediums through which you establish your brand, the more customers you will have an opportunity to reach.
How Social Media Affects Search Optimization
The million dollar question for business owners is; does social media affect my ranking on Google search results? The short answer is “probably”. Although Google has not explicitly stated a correlation between social media and search results, MOZ has included “social signals” in their 2017 Local Search Ranking Factors. In any case, the subsidiary effects of social media activity translate into components that have always been good for SEO. Some good examples of that are:
- Brand Awareness: The more well-known your business is, the better it is going to rank on local search results
- Backlink Generation: By circulating content through social media, you are increasing the likelihood of an authority site linking back to your content
- Social Search Results: There are search engines besides Google, in fact, Facebook and Twitter have their own search functions, in which ranking well on, can be very beneficial
- Supplemental Indexing: A social media profile is another web entity (one that should contain a link to your main website) in which Google can index — the more spots you occupy on Google search results, the better chance someone has of finding your business, in some capacity
If you are a business owner in the DFW area, you should strongly consider investing in social media management services. By expanding your brand recognition and increasing your online presence, you’re giving yourself more opportunities to generate customer leads and build your company’s reputation. If you are in the market for SEO social media management in Dallas / Fort Worth, give us a call at 800.231.4871