In 2018, engagement metrics are a vital component to any social media strategy. With Facebook recently announcing an algorithm change in hopes of bringing people closer together, brands will have to be more creative than ever before to reach consumers organically. Engagement metrics reveal insights into the mindset and behavior of our target audience, and instruct us in how to proceed with marketing ventures. When properly measured, engagement metrics can help businesses evaluate the following:
- Content Quality: Learn which content variations (posts, blogs, images, etc.) best connect with consumers
- Products/Services: Run a marketing test on a developing service or product and determine its potential effectiveness, or lack thereof
- Social Platforms: Measure which platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.) in which your content generates the most user interest
- Target Audience: Accumulate data that helps build a more specific profile for your target audience
The value of analytics expands beyond social media. Insights gained through social media tracking tools can contribute to an overall marketing strategy, rather than one narrowly focused on social networks. Web pages, blog posts, “about-us” sections, and other representations of your company on the web, can all benefit from consumer data. Regardless of its original source, data driven analytics can instruct businesses on their next move, and their best move. Call 800.231.4871 for social media engagement metrics.
Improving Social Media Engagement
A problem for many small businesses is a lack of data to evaluate due to low interaction rates on social media. As is the case with all analytical evaluation, a substantial sample size is required to reach a meaningful conclusion. Dallas / Fort Worth SEO offers social media marketing services which can spark activity on your social pages, and create more measurable interactions. Some of our approaches include:
- Content Appeal: Think about what will appeal to consumers; discounts, giveaways, and contests are quick ways to increase engagement
- Customer Interaction: Chances are your current customers are already on social media — your offline relationship can extend to the internet where you can interact with one another efficiently
- Social Investment: If you truly want to improve your social engagement, investing in social media marketing services, or assigning employees specifically for that task, is the fastest way
- Topical Discussion: One way to increase social media interaction is through topical discussion (i.e. current events, holidays, etc.)
The performance of social pages often mirrors that of businesses. At first, getting your brand “off the ground” is difficult, but once you develop a buzz, momentum can carry your branding forward, and produce valuable data to be measured, analyzed, and transformed into actionable strategies. Improving your social media presence is not something you have to tackle on your own. The experts at Dallas / Fort Worth SEO are ready to help you get started today.
The Best Social Media Platforms For Engagement
We mentioned that brand pages on Facebook are no longer prominent. That is not the case however, on other platforms like Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. While each channel presents unique challenges to marketers, they can all be beneficial when properly utilized. As a supportive feature, each platform offers a native analytics tool so that businesses can easily track and measure user interactions.
Looking at trends, Instagram is currently the fastest growing social platform in the United States. While its market leans towards a younger demographic, research suggests that 18-49 year old’s are joining IG at a notable rate. In addition to Instagram, YouTube is one of the most popular social platforms on the web. In fact, YouTube is more popular with 18-49 year old’s than any television network. To get started with social media engagement metrics, call us now at 800.231.4871.