Successful SEO campaigns spend ample time in the strategy phase, researching their market and developing an outline in which to execute. By definition, an SEO strategy is the process through which local businesses and websites are optimized for search engine rankings. Strategies are developed based on a defined goal, one that usually entails the improvement of search visibility. Below are some of the qualities of a well constructed SEO strategy:
- Attainable: Like every business goal, the objective should be challenging, but realistic
- Adjustable: With Google constantly evolving their algorithms, business must be flexible to change
- Documented: Documentation is crucial to the success of a strong SEO strategy, as everyone must be on the same page
- Measurable: The effectiveness of your SEO strategy must be measurable, with the help of Google SEO tools
Tactics, or actions, are often confused with strategy. Starting a blog to generate fresh content on your website is not a strategy, but rather an action. With that said, a series of actions can comprise a strategy. Still, it is important to note that the strategy is the framework itself, rather than the actions within it. Using tools like Google Analytics, businesses can measure the effectiveness of their strategy, and make adjustments in real-time. Call 800.231.4871 for SEO strategy services.
Understanding Your Audience
Researching your target audience is a primary component of SEO strategy development. Internet marketing is about engaging with an audience, and crafting the lens through which they view your company. Business owners in the Dallas – Fort Worth, TX area can greatly benefit from learning more about their audience. As part of our SEO strategy services, we conduct audience research, so that we can effectively market your services to relevant consumers. Methods we use, include:
- Content Marketing: Fill your website with relevant and informative content, designed for the user, and not for search engines
- Keyword Research: Use Google’s Keyword Planner to find out what type of industry keywords people are searching for
- On Page SEO: After researching keywords, use them to optimize your title tags, header tags, content, and meta description
- Social Media: Engage with your audience on social media platforms, including; Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube
Regardless of your specific audience, one universal quality of a sound SEO strategy is the maximization of user experience. By enhancing the experience of your audience, metrics that influence search ranking will improve, and subsequent ranking asendance should manifest. As you measure the performance of your campaign, you will notice that certain signals correlate directly with user experience, both in a positive and negative sense.
Adjusting Your SEO Strategy
Google algorithm updates will prompt companies to update their SEO strategy on a continuous basis. With this in mind, you require a marketing company that stays on top of the latest algorithm updates, and other internet trends. As is the case with any business practice, successful companies must be ready to adapt to new concepts, and leave room within their strategy to account for new information. Flexibility is a characteristic of sustained success, and businesses that embrace this challenge will continue to excel.
DFW SEO provides all-inclusive internet marketing services to businesses throughout the Dallas / Fort Worth, TX Metroplex. We tailor our strategy to meet your company’s individual marketing needs, while leaving room to make real-time adjustments based on new data. Not only will we develop an SEO strategy for your company, but we will implement it both on and off your custom website. To further discuss SEO strategy, and how it can help your business succeed in 2018, give us a call at 800.231.4871.