Off site SEO refers to search engine optimization that takes place away from your website. Though websites represent the principal digital asset for DFW businesses, expanding online presence to additional channels both increases search visibility and improves reputation. Though on page and off site SEO seem like competing methodologies, they actually work best when used collaboratively. Examples of off site SEO include:
- Backlinks: Inbound links from external web pages
- Citation Sources: Claimed and optimized business listings on internet directories like Google My Business
- Reviews: Accumulated testimonials on platforms like Yelp, Google, Facebook, and others
- Social Media: Activity, and participation on social networks including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and YouTube
Research shows that off site optimization plays a considerable role in local search rankings, as evidenced by Moz’s 2017 Local Ranking Factors study. Though most instances of off site SEO involve links, there are contrarian cases such as unlinked brand mentions, and influencer marketing. Google also considers offline factors when determining a company’s reputation, some of which are grandfathered in from pre-existing brand awareness. Call 800.231.4871 for off site SEO services.
On Page vs Off Page SEO
We previously mentioned that collaboration between on page and off site SEO is the optimal internet marketing approach. One concept should never come at the expense of its counterpart. For business owners unfamiliar with on page SEO, it refers to optimization that takes place on your website. From a traditional perspective, on page SEO is a more well documented practice and involves more universally known concepts like keyword research, and website structure. Further examples of on page SEO include:
- Internal Linking: Creating relevant links through web content, that link to other pages within the same domain
- Keyword Placement: Optimizing your page content with researched keywords
- Title, Header & Meta Tags: Ensuring your title and header tags have keywords and your meta description is informative and appropriate
- URL Structure: Creating a URL hierarchy that enhances user experience and presents seamless navigation
On page SEO serves as the foundation to your digital presence, and the structure upon which off site SEO can expand. Because most off site sources, such as internet directories, and social media profiles, contain spaces for website URL’s on their profile pages, it’s important to have a high quality website to present. Lack of a responsive website, or poor optimization techniques, severely limit the potential of your off site presence.
DFW Online Marketing Services
Business owners in Dallas, or Fort Worth, TX and surrounding areas, should strongly consider investment in DFW SEO’s internet marketing plan. In 2018, we’ve reached a point in digital marketing where almost eveything is happening on mobile devices. With this knowledge, it is important to understand the relationship between off site SEO, local optimization, and mobile usage. Each component feeds of one another, and determines the prominence of businesses in their local market.
For assitance expanding your online presence thorugh off site SEO, enlist the services of Dallas / Fort Worth SEO. We have been helping business owners in the Metroplex for decades, with internet marketing and SEO services. Partnering with us ensures an all-inclusive marketing campaign that will account for both off site and on page SEO. To further discuss our services, or to ask questions about off site SEO, give us a call today at 800.231.4871.