What is Lead Generation for Lawyers?
Lead generation for lawyers is the process of attracting prospects and potential clients for your Dallas / Fort Worth area law firm. Common lead generation channels include Google search engine, Google Maps, and Facebook Advertising.
Why DFW Law Firms Need Qualified Leads
The history of litigation is long and nuanced. Everyone needs a lawyer from time to time as they provide an essential service. But it is the reliance on these facts that cause lawyers to est on their laurels.
Just because you are a lawyer and provide an essential service doesn’t mean that you can sleep on lead generation. Lead generation is still critical to your practice, whether it’s a massive one or if you just started it. Lead generation is utterly crucial if you just began your practice.
Remember that people have choices when it comes to which lawyer they choose to represent them. And if you compete for a saturated market like Dallas/Fort Worth, lead generation can be the difference between a thriving practice and one that’s barely getting by.
With that, we’d like to dedicate today’s post to all the lawyers practicing in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. It’s easy to see why someone would want to start a practice here; after all, there is plenty of opportunity in this central metropolitan area.
But that also means there is a very healthy amount of competition. But fear not because we will be providing you with some tips for lead generation. Let’s get started.
|Location||# of Lawyers|
Lead Generation for Lawyers
What is the process of lead generation for lawyers? Does it differ from other industries? Yes and no. Yes, because acquiring a lead for a law firm works in much the same way as, say, a dentist would go about obtaining a lead.
No, because it will depend on what you consider a lead. You can get very specific with what you determine to be a lead, but in a general sense, the process of lead generation for lawyers involves explicitly:
- Getting Noticed: The first step in acquiring leads is getting noticed by the public. You can do this in several ways, including local SEO, which can be very useful, but the goal remains the same: getting your name out to as many people as possible.
- Sparking Interest: Once the public is aware of your firm, you have to generate interest in it. You have to provide the public with something that will entice them to contact you, view your website’s pages, and move further along the sales funnel.
- Conversion: For lawyers, qualifying a lead entails a consultation, the lead filling out an online or physical form, or the lead requesting more information of some kind. But the ultimate goal is to get the lead to decide to use your services.
How do Law Firms Generate Leads?
Now, onto the big question: how do lawyers find clients? The oversimplified answer to that is to generate leads. You can’t have any clients without any leads. And fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on whether or not you’re a “glass half full” kind of person), there are many lead generation methods for lawyers. Let’s take a look at the most effective ones:
- Optimize your Website: People are taking to the internet to find local businesses more than ever before, so first thing’s first: you have to have a reliable website for your law firm. People tend to trust lawyers when they can see their faces, so make sure you have plenty of pictures of you and your staff as well as bios on your website. Optimizing it for search engine queries is also very important. Using strategic keywords and longtails can help get more web traffic to your site.
- Fortify your Landing Pages: If you are utilizing any online advertising strategy like pay-per-click ads, your efforts (not to mention your money) will be in vain if you don’t have solid landing pages. Landing pages are what people see when they click on a digital ad, and they are distinct from the standard pages on your website. They need to help move the lead along the sales funnel. Make sure your landing pages have content that speaks to the needs that your leads may have. Infographics, pictures, and strong, clear calls to action should all be part of your law firm’s landing pages.
- Get Reviews: Nowadays, most people trust online reviews as much as a word of mouth referral – and in many cases, even more than personal referrals. So getting reviews is very important. Be sure to remind your current and past clients how much their review means to your firm. Make it easy for them by including a Google review button on your website and in emails. Ensure your business is available to review on multiple platforms (Google My Business, Avvo, Yelp, etc.).
- Offer Content: One of the most effective ways to generate an email list, get people interested in your services, establish yourself as an authority, and of course, generate leads is to offer people content that is valuable to them. Content can be white papers, an ebook, or blog content that explains legal processes or answers questions your clients typically have about the law. Video content can also be beneficial, especially if you are utilizing any social media marketing strategy.
- Build Trust: Building trust is crucial for lawyers. Clients need to feel that they can depend on you as lawyers before they can become clients. One of the best ways to establish trust and generate more leads is to offer free legal consultations and promote it as a service feature. Of course, not every lawyer will offer this, but it’s an excellent method of attracting leads if you can.
Don’t Forget About SEO
The last method of lead generation for lawyers but certainly not the least, is SEO. We offer web design, content marketing, PPC services, and more here at DFW SEO. Contact us and get more clients through search engine optimization. Exclusive leads are superior for various reasons, and SEO secures leads that hold exclusivity to your brand. First, exclusive prospects attribute their findings to your business and are likely to return as repeat clients. Second, your brand gets reviews and testimonials from those clients, which helps expand your reach even further. To get started with lawyer SEO, give us a call at (800) 231-4871.