What is WordPress?
WordPress is a content management system through which companies, or individuals, can build a highly functional and user friendly website. If you have any experience with blogs or websites, you have probably heard WordPress mentioned in passing, or perhaps you have more hands on experience with the powerful platform. Call 800.231.4871 to discuss SEO WordPress design and our customized websites for local businesses in DFW. Some of the main components to WordPress include:
- Accessibility: WordPress is an optimal foundation for responsive web design, which will allow your website to maintain flawless presentation on both desktop and mobile devices
- Content: Adding new content on WordPress is extremely intuitive and easily accessible, allowing website managers to keep fresh material circulating on the web
- Design: WordPress offers flexibility through design, allowing D/FW businesses to construct a website that best represents their company
- Security: WordPress has the capacity to protect against malicious web spam, viruses, malware, and spyware
While other content management systems exist, like Drupal, Joomla, and SilverStripe, WordPress is the consensus choice for small business owners who want to develop their online presence. The ease in which content can be added, edited, and managed, makes WordPress a popular option for website managers of all experience levels.
WordPress.com vs WordPress.org
People sometimes confuse WordPress.com with WordPress.org. The content management system that we refer to in this post, is WordPress.org. In contrast, WordPress.com is a blogging platform, created exclusively to provide individuals and companies with an easily accessible blogging platform. Your main website should not be designed on WordPress.com, as you won’t have full control over hosting, or search optimization. Here are the differences between the two:
– Content Management System
– Controlled Hosting, Through Host Websites Like GoDaddy, HostGator, etc.
– Customized Design, Themes, and More Overall Flexibility
– Blogging Platform
– Free Hosting, But Not Controlled
– Default Domain That Includes WordPress.com
While WordPress.com is considered a blogging platform, that does not preclude users of WordPress.org from including a blog on their website. In fact, internal blogs on WordPress.org powered sites can actually have a very positive effect on SEO. Overall, WordPress.org provides the most flexibility, customization, and overall potential for Dallas, TX businesses.
SEO Services Dallas
DFW SEO offers the full range of internet marketing services to local businesses just like yours. Our experience working with small companies gives us a significant advantage over bigger, and more expensive, marketing firms. We pride ourselves in customer satisfaction, and work on behalf of each client, to pursue the best possible marketing results. If you are interested in Dallas SEO services, give us a call at [nw_data field=phone] and speak with one of our marketing experts.