As mobile devices continue to dominate local search numbers, Dallas, TX businesses are scrambling to optimize their websites for the necessary platforms. DFW SEO offers responsive web design, along with internet marketing services. If you are a business owner in the Dallas / Fort Worth area, you can call us today at 800.231.4871. There are two primary options when optimizing a website for mobile devices:
Web designers who implement adaptive design, essentially create separate landscapes for each device. These landscapes are stored on reserve and are only accessed when an irregular device is recognized. For example, the desktop design would be the default display, but when the website is accessed via tablet, one of the reserve designs would be activated. Some of the disadvantages of this design method include:
- Less Range: Even with a team of web designers, creating a layout for every single device is probably unrealistic, making some devices suffer from a decrease in user experience
- Slower Speed: By storing a bunch of separate layouts, your website is forced to load additional data
- Time Consuming: Creating all these layouts takes time, and even then, you haven’t been able to create all of them
These sites can take a while to load because they are forced to load an assortment of possible layouts, most of which must stay on reserve while contributing nothing to the current site display. With the variety of devices available on the electronics market, someone is bound to access your website and see a display unfit for their screen size.
In contrast to adaptive design, responsive design only stores a single layout to display on all devices. The difference is that it relies on CSS code to respond based on the device in which it is accessed on. Responsive design reacts to any device and will display the appropriate screen, regardless of the platform. Some of the benefits of responsive design include:
- Flexibility: The display will adjust to every device type, including; mobile, tablet, and desktop
- Google Recommended: Google recommends responsive design to web designers
- Navigation: Responsive sites are easy to navigate across different device platforms
This method of design can be difficult to implement, even for experienced web designers. Still, the flexibility it offers, along with the maintenance of site speed optimization, makes responsive design the best option for D/FW websites.
Web Design Services in Dallas / Fort Worth
DFW SEO will optimize your website and local business for search engine rankings. We implement responsive design into all our client websites, making each of them accessible across all kinds of devices. To further discuss adaptive vs responsive design and the implications of each, give us a call at 800.231.4871